P.154 ex.3
A. 1. The doctor's treatment did not relieve his pain. 2. It was a great relief to know that the children were safe. 3. He felt himself relieved from further responsibility. 4. I'm on duty until 2 p.m. And then Peter is coming to relieve me. 5. The little boy said: “I can whistle with my mouth,” and was eager to demonstrate his art. 6. She has a kind of artificial smile. 7. They know how to be pleasant. They've cultivated that art for centuries. 8. Her beauty drew them as the moon the sea. 9. She crossed the room, drew the curtains and opened those low windows. 10. I could not draw him out. 11. Well known as it is, this is a picture one can go back to again and again, without coming to the end of its drawing. 12. Constable managed to draw the English countryside in all its paints. 13. You look the picture of health. 14. This doctor You look the picture of mildness, not what I‟d imagined at all. 15. I want to portray your father. 16. Dirk Stroeve had a taste for music and literature which gave depth and variety to his comprehension of painting.
B. 1. She was a dull, colourless little thing. 2. Donald blushed to the top of his ears and then looked away. 3. Monet preferred transparent light colours. 4. She'd be pretty if the colour of her face weren't bad. 5. The flowers added bright rich colours to the room. 6. I don't doubt that. 7. I'm doubtful as to what we ought to do under the circumstances. 8. Harris's shirt was gaudy colouring. 9. I secretly doubted in two descriptions applied to one girl. 10. Having looked through the catalogue the scientist carefully picked the books which he needed for his research work. 11. The selection of painting for the exhibition was admiraqble. 12. The bump on the boy‟s forehead was the size of a duck‟s egg. 13. He noticed that Strickland's pictures were of different size. 14. I don't want to camp out and spend the night in a tent size of a tablecloth. 15. It cost her much effort to talk anything else with Bart. 16. Please, make efforts and come. 17. The giant lifted up the big rock making no effort. 18. Pouring out the cod-liver-oil she wrinkled her nose making effort to keep her nostrils closed.
A. 1. The doctor's treatment did not relieve his pain. 2. It was a great relief to know that the children were safe. 3. He felt himself relieved from further responsibility. 4. I'm on duty until 2 p.m. And then Peter is coming to relieve me. 5. The little boy said: “I can whistle with my mouth,” and was eager to demonstrate his art. 6. She has a kind of artificial smile. 7. They know how to be pleasant. They've cultivated that art for centuries. 8. Her beauty drew them as the moon the sea. 9. She crossed the room, drew the curtains and opened those low windows. 10. I could not draw him out. 11. Well known as it is, this is a picture one can go back to again and again, without coming to the end of its drawing. 12. Constable managed to draw the English countryside in all its paints. 13. You look the picture of health. 14. This doctor You look the picture of mildness, not what I‟d imagined at all. 15. I want to portray your father. 16. Dirk Stroeve had a taste for music and literature which gave depth and variety to his comprehension of painting.
B. 1. She was a dull, colourless little thing. 2. Donald blushed to the top of his ears and then looked away. 3. Monet preferred transparent light colours. 4. She'd be pretty if the colour of her face weren't bad. 5. The flowers added bright rich colours to the room. 6. I don't doubt that. 7. I'm doubtful as to what we ought to do under the circumstances. 8. Harris's shirt was gaudy colouring. 9. I secretly doubted in two descriptions applied to one girl. 10. Having looked through the catalogue the scientist carefully picked the books which he needed for his research work. 11. The selection of painting for the exhibition was admiraqble. 12. The bump on the boy‟s forehead was the size of a duck‟s egg. 13. He noticed that Strickland's pictures were of different size. 14. I don't want to camp out and spend the night in a tent size of a tablecloth. 15. It cost her much effort to talk anything else with Bart. 16. Please, make efforts and come. 17. The giant lifted up the big rock making no effort. 18. Pouring out the cod-liver-oil she wrinkled her nose making effort to keep her nostrils closed.
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий